Wednesday, January 21, 2009

1/21/2009 - Time Lapse of Statocumulus

I ventured out to my backyard this morning to capture about 10 minutes worth of some pretty stratocu traversing the DeKalb sky. I would've grabbed some more video, but the batteries died in my camera. Anyway, this is my first upload to youtube, so this should be interesting. I hope to add a lot more time lapse videos in the future since I'm always fascinated by them.

You will note that even this somewhat boring stratocumulus has some unique features that you would probably never see unless the video was sped up. If you take a look at the "open spots" in the cu (especially towards the end of the short video), you'll note what appears to be little vortices!




A higher resolution video is available here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you like time lapse videos, this is awesome. The lenticular is amazing, really gives you an appreciation for mountain dynamics.

http://www.vimeo.com/groups/2343/videos/2779070