Saturday, August 13, 2011

7/30/2011 - Green Bay decaying MCS

On the first day of our family vacation to the UP, we planned to visit Green Bay. As we ran up I-43, I could make out an anvil of to the northwest. Sure enough, as we neared Green Bay, t-storm warnings started to fly between Wausau and Green Bay.  I drove over to the Green Bay coastline near University of Wisconsin-Green Bay to setup shop -- hoping for a nice shelf.  Alas, as the storm neared, it was weakening quickly and had no sign of a good shelf.  Nevertheless, it was exhilarating as that wind came off the frictionless bay -- gusting to around 40 knots or so, I'd guess. A few images follow, but the most interesting stuff is in these three gif animations: timelapse 1, timelapse 2, timelapse 3.




1 comment:

Stacie said...

Loved the timelapses Walker, especially the first one. I love seeing the turbulent clouds and all the different rotations. Glad you and the family are well!